Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday, Monday

It hardly feels like Monday here. Our weekend was so unusual with the blizzard -- everyone was at home either bundled up or playing in the snow. We stayed close to home not going about our typical frenzied Saturday routine. It was so relaxing to take a break from the usual. Church was even cancelled because of the weather. Though the snow had stopped in plenty of time for church to proceed as normal, we were still unable to have our meetings. Apparently there was a 3 foot high wall blocking the entrance to the church parking lot.

This afforded us a really beautiful opportunity. Our Stake President authorized the Sacrament to be blessed and passed in homes where there is a Melchezideck Priesthood holder present. It was a very sweet experience to have Kevin bless and pass the Sacrament to our family at home. It immediately made me reflect upon the time my father did the same thing for our family when I was only 5 years old. That experience had an incredible impact on me. I think it is where I first started to develop a testimony of the Priesthood.

The whole experience last night -- we took turns sharing our testimonies and sang some songs as well -- made me all the more grateful to have a loving husband that honors his Priesthood. It made me grateful, too, for a father that honors his Priesthood. How blessed I am!!

2 comments:

Krystell said...

That is so awesome! I am grateful for your testimony. Thanks alot! I guess I often take for granted the priesthood, and so it is always good to hear other's experiences. It helps to lift mine!

And I can't believe that you had 3 ft!! That is crazy! Hope the drift jumping was as fun as it sounds.

Unknown said...

You are so sweet, you made me teary eyed. It is a wonderful blessing and comfort to have the priesthood in our homes. Thanks for the reminder.